Sunday, April 12, 2009

this is the sound of settling

1 Corinthians 13 has been something that's been on my mind for a while, even though I'm not Christian. (Mainly because of that day I couldn't sleep and went off to find meditation things-to-do and stumbled across the idea of mettā : which, incidentally, has been recited at me, but i've just never known the term) - and it's something that fits so well with mettā.

But meditating on mettā and 1 Corinthians 13 used to bring completely different feelings, and I think it's because the word love is imbued with so much romantic meaning in the English language, and "loving-kindness" doesn't bring across the same feeling. But now love and loving-kindness are kind of the same, when I think on it ...and I don't know, something's complete in me, like that odd emptiness is just gone now. It's..airy, if anything. The same feeling of emptiness, but it feels more like freedom than anything else.

But it's not something I want to mention to people, as ...it's just a private thing, or well, as it should be. But I still want to say something, and I don't really know who I can talk to about this, other than typing away here, but well, it felt good writing this.

I think the one thing I love most in life is to make others happy or smile or calm. And the more thinking I do in my oasis of fail, the more I figure I'm supposed to make people happy, not wait around for some divine intervention to make my own life happy. But I am honestly very, very content with most of my life at the moment, and...so while there's always something more to want...I'll just wait.

2 comments:

  1. i like the ideas of various religions, but the formality is ... bleh ~_~;;; lol

    i don't know see romantic love as one dimensional though x) i just see it as ... different

    :3

    *distracted*

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i concur.

    religions are pretty great in their ideas. it's just that ppl make it seem fucked up when they start shouting "GOD HATES FAGS" or suicide bomb on the pretense of some spiritual entity, or worst of all, force one religion upon you.

    ReplyDelete