Monday, February 14, 2011

I am happy, and I don't think I've ever been happier, or felt lighter/freer. It's a strange feeling that I'm not used to, but I don't want it to go away. Is it love? I think so, or better phrased, I know so. But it's not that deep, yet, so that kind of changes my perception of it. So perhaps, falling in love? That feeling of incandescence isn't present as much now, in a sense - whatever I feel, it's much softer now. I don't think I could sustain feeling like I was radiating more than the sun more than those two or three times that I felt it that intensely, anyways. But I think a kind of comfortable familiarity has started to take root instead, and it's a very calm feeling of contentment that in some ways, is even nicer than variable blazing outbursts of happiness. Although feeling those is definently still amazing and crazy and nice in a wholly different sense of the word.

But the happy feeling's tempered by two things. One is irrational, and I can't do anything about, other than chalk it up to my own insecurities and roll my eyes at me being silly, and I think it's a fear which everyone gains when they get into a relationship. And in some ways, it does make the happiness more meaningful. The other, however, is a fails of my own doing - and which I can quote the Little Prince on - "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." Responsibilities and duties. Sigh.

Be mine, valentine? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment