Friday, November 23, 2012

thirteen things.people.thoughts i am thankful for, this thanksgiving

1. I am thankful for my family, through all my stupid and all my questionable decisions, who love me and still support me almost unconditionally in everything that matters, even if they get mad and angry at other times. I think I am always grateful for the bubble of safety being home provides, at least when mom isn't in a nattering mood, but even then, its out of love.

2. And the same goes to my best friends. I am not sure that I deserve them, as I can be distant sometimes. But I still don't think I'll ever find other people where I can laugh and wit, be derpy, be intelligent, and let down my guard fully, and where they scold me for hiding things because no matter what I do they know that I don't need to be told what decision to make, just that I made it and that they're there for me. So the three, now...actually, I suppose a fourth exists now, are another layer of love, different and yet the same as family. From prickly, to overflowing, to understanding, to witty...I hope these never disappear.

3. I am thankful for getting the chance to do engineering, even if it is kicking my tooshie. My brain feels alive, and I'm happy and passionate about academics for the first time since junior year of high school.

4. Tbc late for lunchhhh

2 comments: