Tuesday, May 31, 2011

day 1

Day 1 - What happened today? If it was the last day of your life, how satisfied would you be with your final hours?

Today was pretty uneventful. I woke up, called Bank of America - I think the guy in the recovery department was pretty confused as to why he was getting this phone call as there were no problems, and I was fairly chipper for calling 2 minutes past their 8 am opening, but hey, gotta make sure everything works out. Then went to College Park afterwards, after dropping my mom off at her office. I think today was when I made the realization that I've somehow learned how to really, really, hate DC traffic - probably in conjunction with me driving a lot more in the past few months, as this is the third? or fourth time I've gotten stuck on the Beltway for no reason at all, other than for the fact that the Beltway makes s-curves around Connecticut Ave. and Colesville, or because there's afternoon sun coming off from the Mormon Temple. I may not be able to right turn expertly anymore (gg, where did that happen?) but at least I know how to drive sensibly on the highway. Also am getting pretty pleased by my usage of cruise control late at night, because I've avoided like 3x speed traps with cops. So really, I'm learning how to be a good driver! Played a few games of League of Legends when I got to the house - they were pretty bad, and then napped until practice. Learned a section of the intermediate spear form, which is pretty enjoyable and makes sense (I think the intermediate forms somehow make more sense to me than beginner) - and all in all, was pretty good, albeit long, airconditionless and sweaty. Starting to get worried about feeling all mucus-y in my lungs all the time when I'm exercising, but merr. Got back to the house, showered, went to Checkers, googled for Windows Active Directory and Ruby on Rails stuff (surprisingly, trying to figure out how the code works with no background amuses me a lot.) So it's easier to pick up on what the code's trying to get at.) - and then came home, and got bombarded with Mom being exasperating, as she always is. Also realized I left my phone in College Park, so, all in all, pretty average day with all the normal things happening, including forgetting my phone.

If it was the last day of my life, hmm, I wouldn't be satisfied. I mean, it's average and all, and I'm good with it being average. I don't need anything exciting, or extraordinary, or to have done all the things that I've wanted, because there's always something that you wouldn't have done yet, in the end. The only reason I wouldn't be satisfied is because I'm silly and like waking up and falling asleep to him. I think if I had an average day, for my final hours, I wouldn't mind at all, as long as I had been able to have that in the morning and the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment