Wednesday, June 1, 2011

day 2

Day 2 - Who are you? In comparison to who you used to be. What made you change?

I am me. I think, in the most fundamental ways, I am still the same - people still are the primary focus of my life, I'm still as prickly and silly and can get offended over various tone and connotation things, and I'm still a slacker, but I think in many ways, that overwhelming drive to prove that I'm something has stopped. I've learned to be somewhat more comfortable in my skin, or if anything, grown a thicker one. Granted, I still can't handle anything negative, or people being annoyed with me, and I'm definitely still illogicaly logical, but I think I'm just more mellow now. What changed me? I don't know, but I think it's been being away from home, learning to slowly pick up after myself and be responsible, trying my best to be thoughtful and take care of others, losing myself and finding myself again, and in the process, learning to look past what people say, and look at their actions instead - and also making sure I can do stuff, not just say stuff, too. And I guess its the latter two that have changed me the most - I never want to feel the way I felt again over not the past half year, but the two years before that, and I never want anyone I care about to feel alone. Perhaps, best described as less a dreamer, more a realist, but in the end, it might just all be the same, since I still have the same mentality of que será, será.

No comments:

Post a Comment