Day 12 - If you could trade places with anyone for one week, who would it be and why?
I'm taking this interpretation as that you/anyone else would still be going about your same daily routine, you'd just be like an omniscient observer on said shoulder and they would too. I feel like I'd want to trade places with someone who's batshit insane or just from something I don't understand in a place that I'd never be able to visit (often) - aka, someone like Ahmadinejad or actually, maybe just any ordinary person in Iran, so I could see Isfahan, Teheran, Persepolis, Ctesphion, and all those places hidden off from the world, and understand whatever twisted form of sharia and anti-Western sentiments they're spewing out over there and why it's coming out or where it's coming from. Or maybe someone in inner Mongolia or Tibet, or Yunnan, or maybe Miley Cyrus. The last one would be a hoot. And then they could see the life of a semi-normal college kid in the US and pass out. ...Oh man, I don't think I'd want to trade places with any of my friends though. They're all messed up in their own way and I'm pretty sure if I wanted to know more about them I'd ask, even though it seems like everyone has their own pretty interesting life going on.
Editeditedit I would want to be the writer of EatingAsia. Because if I was that clever and talented with languages and not Asian, that is the life I would want to be able to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment