Day 11 - Do you feel protective over someone?
I think I feel protective over all of my friends to some extent - if they're coming to me for help with things, on that specific issue I want to try to help navigate them through it. (Hello, you are the temporary Polaris!) Otherwise...not really. I don't think I'm the best arbiter of protecting people from things, or the best person to do that job. And it's hard to be protective over someone when you're trying to learn how to see everyone as equals, because in order to be protective, I feel like you have to see yourself as above them, in a certain manner, because they can't help themselves, and I think that's not a good mindset to be in if you're friends with someone. Granted, it happens on its own sometimes, but it shouldn't be for an extended period of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment