Thursday, April 5, 2012

day 14

Day 14 - When you are stressed, what can you use as an outlet? Why do you think it helps you?

Yeah, I'm skipping the best friend one because I don't want to knock on wood for them ;D When I'm stressed, I think I usually use running or writing here or calligraphy as an outlet, depending on what kind of stress it is. Actually, I usually do all three, starting out with running and gym - with running it's always telling myself I can run one more lap because all it takes is just one more step to keep on going, or just a little bit more, and it's like that way, even if everything is spinning out of control, I've still got control over something. It's also just a feeling, I guess, like if I run hard enough and long enough and fast enough, all my problems will be left behind me. Writing helps me sort out my thoughts and feelings..and calligraphy is kind of like running - every word I write there's more order/neatness/something works. And it helps to calm me down because it's a really methodical, simple thing to do - dip brush in ink, press to paper, flow. And if I don't focus only on it and distract myself with muddled thoughts or emotions freaking out about random stuff my calligraphy gets terrible, so it just makes me just concentrate on something other than my stress, and then everything feels better.

Today, however, is most definitely a running day.

No comments:

Post a Comment