Day 15 - What do you believe in? And not just God or atheism.
I was looking forward to this one for a while. I believe...I believe that everything happens for a reason, not solely because of predestination, but because we're all given chances to learn, and to become more than who we are, and each event that happens is a choice on what you yourself want to make out of life. And that in some ways, I think we're doomed to always be gifted the chances over, and over, until we break that cycle, whether for the better or for the worse. And I think its in those times where we break either the shell of the person we've created for ourselves and fill in the empty spaces with the pieces, or where we realize it's just an empty shell that we've made for ourselves and leave it at that. It's like life is half fate, and half free will.
I believe in happiness, too. Laughter and happiness that's satisfying, soul-filling, and complete, where the world agrees with you and you agree with the world, and everything is calm and shining and your happiness radiates to rival the stars. It's what I think people should be searching for, because like before, I think you learn the most from pursuing happiness...and it's the only ideal pursuit in the world. But I also think a lot of people confuse pursuing happiness with pursuing current happiness, but that means learning to see, too.
I believe in love, ironically, and...'love as thou wilt.' That love again, is a choice that you make and that...in some ways, you can't stop, either. Forgetting the siren call of your heart never works. But of all the houses from that book, if one ever made sense, it was Heliotrope - the desire to bask in love as if it was the sun, and the concept of for thou and no other. I think...I think that's why I always pour everything in, because the person that you're with deserves the sun. And that's what I think people should do - that relationships, though inherently selfish, should be about the other person, not yourself. You put aside your desires for theirs...and it's also why I can't understand unrequited love, because you're going against what the other person wants. Sometimes I wonder if that's the reason why I'm less fazed after the end of relationships then while I'm in them, because I know I've done all I can and that the promise doesn't exist anymore on my end and they or I have walked away...and because then I remember I want to feel like I'm incandescent, not consumed.
Learning to be a better person, love, and laughter. The holy trinity, for me. And I believe that people should be on the pursuit of all three, and that's my life philosophy.
No comments:
Post a Comment